Cyclamen Hederifolium is astonishingly beautiful and elegant with flowerheads about 2-3cm in size of rosy-pinks with deeper colourations towards the base. Variegated leaves are dark-green, heart-shaped and accented with silver veins. Unique flowerheads of petals that are butterfly-shaped rise above the foliage on pale burgundy stems.
Hardy species that will naturalise over time, fragrant Cyclamen Hederifolium is great for creating woodland garden scenes. Plant in borders, beds or woodland gardens and great used for underplanting around taller shrubs and trees. Ideal as a container plant in pots or window boxes.
Cyclamen are small plants with gorgeous blooms that need attentive care and proper watering. Cyclamen have lovely colours of bright pinks and lovely lavenders. Flowerheads are unique and have very distinct petals, often of a heart-shape, that make for great display plants.
Unique foliage accompanies the beautiful flowerheads of the Cyclamen species. Grown from what is often mistaken as a comb or bulb, the plants are grown from tubers, similar to a potato. Some varieties are very susceptible to high or low temperatures and need to be grown indoors, while other varieties have been bred and grown for outdoor use.
Cyclamen require careful watering so that soils remain moist, avoiding overwatering or drying out. After the blooming season, the leaves will start to wither and fade, remove flowerheads by cutting near the base of the stem and stop watering, allowing the leaves to completely fade. Remove the foliage and store indoor plants in cool areas. Outdoor plants with naturalise an area over time.
Planting Cyclamen from the tubers requires carefully superficial planting, do this by submerging the tuber by approximately 60-70%, into a well-drained soil, leaving approximately 30% of the top of the tuber exposed. Cyclamen should be planted in shaded to partially shaded areas and should be seasonally mulched
Please contact us for our Delivery & Returns Policy